Friday, April 28, 2006

George Segal



I don't know a great deal about George Segal, his work was something I stumbled over one time in the library and found it really interesting.

As my final piece for my GCSE art exam I made a large scale (1 x 1.5m) relief of the Four Horses of the Apocalypse using plaster bandage and soon came to hate the stuff with a passion... To see famous artist using to use plaster bandage as his chosen material was quite interesting as I has seen how difficult it was to get simple results on a smaller scale; the results Segal achieves is really impressive.



From the work I have seen of his my favourite has to be Lovers Fragments, life sized fragments cast from humans. They show a variety of poses of people, rarely showing all of them but just enough to see there are two people and tries to show the love contained in that simple genture or moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home