Thursday, April 27, 2006

Music

Music has always been a big influence in my life, all through my teenage years I have searched out new bands and types of music to listen to. My love of music all started with my older brother Mark, he was interested in metal and older music such as Metallica, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden and so introduced me into this sort of music. I liked it, but I needed more and so music channels came into play big style!

My parents listened to music but never really had a great interest in it. Their CD collection consisted of things such as Fleetwood Mac, Queens greatest hits (which
I think everyone ones at some point or other...) The lighthouse family, and some more chilled stuff like Enya or classical stuff. I liked some of the stuff they listen to, and have to admit that I have listened to some of it more recently (stil loving Fleetwood mac... Stevies voice... tis a classic) but soon enough Mark and I began surpassing our parents with the music and they started stealing our music.

In my earlier teenage years I admit that i listened to music that would be considered to be "emo" but I've got to the point that I really don't give a flying crap what other people think of my music taste. I hate the fact that there are people out there who criticise people for the music they listen to... I realise that at one point I would only listen to "metal" and "rock" music, and then only to bands that would be accepted by m y peers but now... SOD IT. if I like it i'll listen to it.

such as today, I'm currently listening to Jose Gonzalez - which i was introduced to after seeing the Sony advert, I've also been listening to Jack Johnson, Institute, Nine Inch Nails, Imogen Heap, Massive Attack, Faithless and The Prodigy

Want to label me? Feel free... I just don't care any more :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home