Friday, May 12, 2006

Object of Desire



We were given a project title which was "Object of Desire" and told about how they wanted us to go about the project by using things we held dear to us and create something in our chosen subject areas (eg. ceramics, photography, textiles etc) but this really didn't appeal to me so I decided to twist my brief to focus on what people in general tend to hold desirable.




I ended up basing my project on human flesh and soon came round to dealing with prositution and lust. I used a friend of mine who was also on my course to do some nude modelling which I assured her would be tasteful and anonymous. I took the images in a studio setup and used a digital camera so I could take them and play around with them on photoshop and edit the images, adding text, colour and filters to get the desired effect. I then choose a couple of the images and had them printed large scale to display in my exhibition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home