Friday, May 12, 2006

Dingle Peninsula



Dingle Peninsula can be found in the south-west of the Republic of Ireland, it is the longest peninsula of all the pensinsulas that run along that coast and is home to lots of amazing scenery and beaches.

I went to Dingle while on a holiday in Ireland a few years back when I was about 14 - firstly visiting Dublin and loving the life of that amazing city. I wasn't particularly looking forward to going to Dingle as it sounded a little boring compared to Dublin. I'm glad I went in the end, we visited all the regular tourist traps - the village of Dingle is basically a bit of a tourist village so it was a little boring and not the sort of thing I liked. Then we visited a beach called Inch - it is roughly 4 miles long, and flat with huge tide ranges. Leading off the beach is mile and miles of sand dunes that captured my imagination immediately.




I loved that place, it was so calm and peaceful but yet held a kinds of mystery. I'm hoping to go back there this summer for a weekend and go quad biking down the beach/sand dunes, should be good. Can't wait for the sun, sand and surf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home